Next membership meeting:
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
A Membership Meeting will be held each second Wednesday of the month, March through November. New members orientation is at 6:45 pm, followed by a general membership meeting and acceptance of new members. Please bring your completed application form and money to this meeting. During winter months, please contact the Membership Chairman.
Anyone 21 years of age is eligible for membership, with preference given to residents of the Town of Ossining. All new members are encouraged to become working members, to maintain, build, and improve the club and its building and grounds. The resulting camaraderie allows members to enjoy boating in a friendly and open environment. Those who, due to extenuating circumstances, are unable to do work hours may request an alternate type of membership.
A Working Member is entitled to full club privileges, including either a mooring space or kayak rack space if available, a club locker (if available), use of club facilities, and eligibility for rental privileges of winter boat storage and the social hall. Work hour requirements include 30 regular work hours (half of which must be completed before opening day), and cleaning duty during one week of the year. A member's spouse and children under 21 are included in the membership.
To apply for membership, please use one of the following:
- stop by the club for an application form
- e-mail us, firstname.lastname@example.org
- write by mail: P.O. Box 743, Ossining, NY 10562.
- All new members must complete the orientation given by the club, and must be voted in by the membership.
- Membership shall not be denied because of race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
- A one-time initiation fee will be charged in addition to annual dues. Should there be a year or more gap in membership renewal, initiation fees will be charged again.
- After August 15th, new members will be charged an initiation fee and half the annual dues.
- Dues and fees are non-refundable.
- All dues and initiation fees are subject to New York State Sales Taxes at a local rate of 7.375%.
Current dues and initiation fees are:
Working Members $300 initiation + $460 dues + 30 work hours, including cleaning hours.
Associate Members $100 + $230 dues + 10 work hours, 5 of which must be cleaning hours, the remainder may be earned by attending meetings or work details; one hour credit for every year of membership since you joined.
Renewing members must submit their annual dues by mail to P.O. Box 743, Ossining, NY 105562 by January 15th of the season year. Dues are non-refundable.
Winter Boat Storage
Working Members in good standing are eligible to apply for winter storage.
Members in good standing for at least one year may apply for room rental.